Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Rachel

This update catches me at a particularly transitory stage. After graduating from BYU a year after our London, in August 2006, I entered the MTC that September without even seeing my physical diploma. I served in the Kentucky Louisville Mission with a number of terrific companions in three different areas -- two country towns on the outskirts of the mission boundaries and the last in the east side of Louisville. Teaching the gospel and the people I met in Kentucky completed my life in a way I could never have anticipated.
While serving my mission, my family moved to Wynyard, England (that's northeast England, about an hour south of Newcastle) because of my dad's job with Huntsman. So when I returned 'home' in April, I gave my homecoming talk to the wonderful Billingham Ward, who all came up to me afterwards to tell me how much they enjoyed listening to my accent. I had a fabulous summer touring Scotland/Ireland, France and Italy with my family, but because I've decided to work before I earn a master's degree I returned to Utah in September and now revise my life plan on a daily basis. If anyone is aware of any entry-level public relations job opportunities, hook me up!
Picture 1: At the MTC Sept. 06
Picture 2: Day trip to Whitby June 08
My blog is chimericallyme.blogspot.com although I hardly ever update it; my e-mail address is anderson.rachel22@gmail.com

No comments: