Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Lizzie

Hello all! I’ve enjoyed reading your updates. Here is a little bit of what I’ve been up to …

After that wonderful term in London of Spring 2005, I went to Italy for a month to be with my sister & her family who was living there. It was amazing, I miss Europe! I then went back to BYU to start my sophomore year, started the Social Work program, & also started working at the Museum of Art on campus. During my sophomore year I met my husband JT. We dated for a year & then were engaged for three months, getting married in April of 2007. JT accepted a job offer in New York City working for an investment bank after his graduation so we headed to the East Coast. To complete my degree I took classes at a college & via independent study & did an internship with LDS Family Services. During my internship I worked mostly doing adoptions & it was the greatest, hardest, most rewarding thing I’ve ever done! We lived in the financial district of NYC for one year & absolutely fell in love with the city. The museums, restaurants, shows, people, & excitement of the city was so much fun. About two months ago my husband received a job offer to work for a hedge fun in Greenwich, Connecticut (about 45 minutes on the train from midtown Manhattan) so we left the city & moved the suburbs. I like Living in a cute New England town with the added bonus of being able to explore NYC a few times a week & having a car to explore the rest of the East Coast. I am currently working on finishing independent study (I only have one class left) & will graduate in December & hope to work for a Social Work agency.

I still talk often about my love for London & my husband has never been there. We are hoping to take a trip next year so I can show him my favorite town!

We post about our adventures on the East Coast at www.jtandlizziedavis.blogspot.com.

No comments: